Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
I’ve had them All fellow riders . I just picked up a 2007 wing with 29000 miles and our first ride was 317 miles bringing her home. The bike she replaced was a 19 year old Honda vfr . I wanted a st 1300 And then a wing ( as my last bike , I’m 60 and will maintain and will run the rubber off the best bike I’ve ever had ! ) but never could find a used ( all I buy )one that meet my standards . And then I meet this silver sled. My plan in my bikes was vfr ( sport tour) to a st1300 ( tour sport ) and then take a test drive on a super clean wing and see if the full tour thang was for me (60) . I rode Callie ( that’s her name ) 317 miles , singing sounds ( never had a sound system) on cruise control ( never had that either) at 75 passing18 wheelers without any issue of wind draft , bridge expansion joints and grooved payment had almost no fear issues to bring her home . After 6 hours ( to tell the truth I was intimidated )I’ve had 100 mile runs but never 300 miles and now on a 800 pound tour bike! I will say zero to 3 mph and 3 mph is a new thang on a wing and I’m happy to say I’ve got a handle on that in the last 14 days of ownership. Well heres the issue I have I figured my “:last bike would be two up and no more deep leans and shit that was a last set of turns was killer was over “ . And never had the st1300 and the fun was over …. So now I have a vfr that I can set up a turn ( play with my tunes , look at my nav , talk sit to the ole lady one handed deep in a lean cause Callie knows her sh!t!) and have confidence I’ve never had before ….These are absolutely amazing machines….jamie

·
Super Moderator
12,871 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and ride safe .

·
Administrator
15,830 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. They are great bikes and you can still lean into the curves and scrape some metal if you try. But when I did that with my wife aboard I would get my helmet slapped. I traded in my 2010 last June and only have 15,000 miles on the new one. They are built for the long haul. Enjoy the ride.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Plant

Reactions: Jamieinjersey

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Reactions: Jamieinjersey
1 - 11 of 11 Posts