Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a of pictures, I think that these A corn nuts have to come off and then you can pull the lower side cowl off enough to fit the belly pan on. Please excuse the dirty bike, I was on a ride yesterday and haven't cleaned it up yet :(

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Oh Joe, that thing if filthy... I'm still looking at it to see some speck of dirt... LOL...

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Funny. I see what looks to be Turtle Wax residue just below the engine guard....hmmmmm. Could be the camera lense though...... No, I'm pretty sure that is fresh Turtle Wax residue.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Thanks again Joe! The light in my garage isn't as good as I would like. The acorn nuts just didn't look like nuts when the bike was on the centerstand in there. They show up lots clearer on the side stand outside. BTW I have a feeling that California dirt must be wayyyyy cleaner than other dirt. If I ever find the picture, I post the one of my '84 after we went horizontal in a construction zone about 20 years ago. Me and the Mrs and 'ole 24K were covered in mud and clay slip. Never damaged us or the bike except for the trunk tail-light but what a gooey mess we were.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The acorn nuts have to come off but on my 09 the side cover did not loosen enough to fit the belly pan. It took the front cowl off and got at the two bolts that hold the front of the side cover. I loosened these and the side cover came loose enough to slip the side of the pan underneath the side cover.
As someone advised on another thread wear gloves. I dripped blood all over the garage floor!!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ok, the belly pan went smooth as silk after I loosened those acorn nuts. One of them was a real bear to get started back on, but after a few choice words it worked. The hardest part was getting both the drain hoses in the hole of the back piece. Pretty simple. And thanks to mechanic gloves, no spilling of vital body fluid!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew you could do it, somethings look harder than they are. And sometimes IF you read the directions you really get confused :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
The hardest part was getting both the drain hoses in the hole of the back piece. Pretty simple. And thanks to mechanic gloves, no spilling of vital body fluid!
Both the drain hoses ? I only recall one comming down on my '08. Time to get the Jeeper Creeper out and the allen wrench.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yep, mine has two hoses alright. Certainly one is for the battery, maybe a crankcase breather tube the other one? Anyhoo, they're both sticking out the hole of the pan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts