Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I was at our club warm up my headlights were not working. After checking all the fuses and seeing that even when I put on the hi beams still nothing. A buddy of mine figured out what the problem was. It was a quick fix, and he said it happened to him a couple of times.

Anyone want to guess what it was. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
You oil crush washer was lose!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I like pop quizzes. I'm thinking " What would joe in calif say ? ". One more clue: Was it fixed by adding anything ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I also vote for a sticking starter button.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Reverse switch stuck in the on position.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
You guys are good, the starter button was not 100% released. I'll have to spray it will contact cleaner.
So.... It wasn't the crush washer...... darn...:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Two wheel, I don't even know how the oil crush washer would effect the headlights. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Sorry Two wheel, I don't even know how the oil crush washer would effect the headlights. :confused:
If you read posts from various motorcycle forums the crush washer has been the accused of causing extreem driver fatigue, global warming, frontend wobble, catastrophic engine failure in other peoples bikes and political unrest in the world.... LOL:D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sounded like a classic malfunction of the foo-foo valve, and that can only be fixed with the help of the Illudium P36 Explosive Space Modulator;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good to know and store in the back of the old mental file drawer. Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
:eek:
Yesterday when I was at our club warm up my headlights were not working. After checking all the fuses and seeing that even when I put on the hi beams still nothing. A buddy of mine figured out what the problem was. It was a quick fix, and he said it happened to him a couple of times.

Anyone want to guess what it was. :confused:
Starter button not completely disengaged ????? Actually I have no clue. I have a problem with one of my low beams )left) not working occassionally. The connection at the bulb is loose and I have to reach inside the faring an jiggle it. (not while riding)...... So what was the reason ????:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the very same problem myself last year. Sprayed the starter button with contact cleaner and it works like a charm now!

Jeff in South Dakota

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
So.... It wasn't the crush washer...... darn...:mad:
don't feel bad i just read this post and was thinking he put turn signal fluid in the headlite accidently :)

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Here I thought he had a bad muffler bearing!

:D

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, you guys are so silly!!
The first thing I checked was the air pressure in the tires. Then I checked the voltage of the battery. At that point Two Wheel Wing I checked the oil level of the engine oil. Then I even went to the extent to wash the shield. I finally gave up and asked around.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts