Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post. I recently had the oil changed (at the dealer) on my new 2010 GL1800, and a few days later, the right side engine cover (painted to look like chrome) blew off on I-94. I was in heavy traffic and doing 70, so no dice on recovering it. The dealer ordered one to replace it, but it is BO'd until December! I am having a really bad time locating one - there has to be one somewhere I would think.?? Do any of you have an advice or good sources? Thanks in advance, and this is a nice site.

The part number is 83511-MCA-A60

Tim

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello redwing, welcome to GWOF. have you looked on ebay

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome aboard. Something to be cautious of is the grommets on the bike and the covers. they can come off and cause the covers to take flight. I've found a couple on my garage floor after maintenance work and luckily haven't lost a cover. I got a couple packs from Wingstuff on a previous order...significantly cheaper than in my own dealership with my staff discount:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.