Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 2010 Goldwing, how do I hook up to the audio system, without having a intercom. I ride alone and I just want to hear the radio. Please help.
Thanks
Hosskatt:)

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
I believe the owners manual explains how to do that. Without checking mine I think if you push on the volume button you will see different options pop up in the information window. One of the options is for the intercom volume. If you turn it down to zero you block anything coming from the mics in the helmet .

Oh, and welcome to the forum from Pa. Why don't you update your location on your user information so we will know where you call home. Take care and ride safe..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It's not the volume button.
1. I'm sure you know to have a headset in your helmet.
2. Headset cord plugs into the bike. The bikes plug is on the left side, top of the fairing next to the glove box.
3. Push and hold the audio button until the screen shows it's on.
4. There will be a small icon show on the left side of the screen. If it looks like a speaker, the bikes speakers are on. If it looks like a headset, the sound will come through your headset.
5. Push and release the audio button quickly to toggle between bike speakers and headset.
6. If you want FM, push the FM button.
7. You can then use the tuning knob on the right to get a station and the volume knob on the left to adjust the volume.
That should get you started
There are others options for ambience and auto volume control, etc.
All these should be covered in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Two Wheel Wing and tfdputydawg. I think I updated my info. What type of full face helmet should I buy?
Thanks
Hosskatt

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I used Arai for years. Would have no other until I tried on a Nolan flip-front. Very nice.
However, right now I'm using an HJC flip front w/a J&M headset.
Don't scimp on the helmet! Get a good one!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard hosskatt. There are a multitude of options for audio out there. J&M is a site sponsor here, and their stuff is top notch for the most part. Good support and service too. Contact J&M John and he'll guide you in the right direction for your needs.
http://www.jmcorp.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts