Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am new here and i was told that this is the best place for help...well to make it short, my 2008 goldwing fell over on my car,,i know dont ask********so it bent or pushed up my right side mirror, it only broke the glass, so i took off the whole mirror, i see that the main bracket is bent, how in the world do you get it out of there? I have taken the cover off the windsheild but ...dont know. Any help from a wise one?

Thank you, carl

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, your assistance tonight comes from Ormond Beach.
You lift the rubber boot around the mirror base that is tabbed to the meter panel visor and front fairing and you'll see three screws where it mounts to the fairing undo them and disconnect the turn signal connector. The screws are under the rubber boot.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Okay, this is a scan from the service manual for the right side mirror and how to remove it from the bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
You've got the mirror off in it's entirety. If the piece I'm thinking got damaged means removal of the front garnish.

This is what you'll find when you remove the garnish. Without seeing a photo I'm going to assume the #28 got bent (assume, we all know what that means), unless there is something I am missing.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
my mirror needs replacement to carl so i know how you feel but i have to take my wing in to have the rear tire replaced so they may as well replace the mirror to

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
If you managed to bend this piece on part number 2, that was a solid hit. I had a friend who managed to over turn his trike and that piece didn't get bent, but the mirror was mangled.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, tugustine today, the part I need is $158.00 and labor to R&R it is 2.5 hours...they do not sell the mirror by it self so I need to buy the mirror now...yes it was the only thing that it my GTO drivers door,,I did try to bend it down, no luck...:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.