Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 GL 1800, the brake lights worked when I put the bike in storage. I removed the battery so I could charge it. I put the battery in and the brake lights don't work. I checked the fuse it was ok. I changed it just to make sure, no help. I did take off a couple of the covers and the seat. I needed access to string the wires for my Garmin GPS. The previous owner did put a flasher for the brake lights. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Got it, fixed it!!!

Had a wiring problem with the ground. It's all good!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick fix

Not sure I want to admit this. First I want you to know that it was at the end of a frustrating project. I wanted to be finished and was not paying attention to detail. I was hooking-up leads to the battery, there where three. I put one black lead to negative and two red leads to positive. My mistake was looking at the end of the wire and not the wire it's self. The wire with the red terminal end, was green (ground) and I put it to positive. Easy fix, just moved the green wire to ground and all was good. Lesson learned - SLOW down, LOOK at the wire color and CHECK your work before you close it up! :Ireland:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.