Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '93 GL1500SE quit on us going down the interstate just like you shut the switch off. I did a little checking and it doesn't seem as though there is any power going into the fuel pump. Does anyone have any ideas for me? By the way, this is my first post! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I had the same symptoms on my 90 1500se. The problem on my bike was a dirty battery terminal. Hit a bump and the motor just shut off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey sr71! Thanks for the reply. With your battery terminal being dirty, did everything else still work (lights, starter, etc)? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Ya everything works other than it wont start. Just spins the starter. Haven't had the chance to check for spark yet.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
First thing, you didn't hit the kill switch did you? First thing to do is check all the fuses. Then you can take off the seat and check the wires going to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Help

Tmakey you might want to have the bank angle sensor checked.I have heard there was a recall on the older 1500 wings. Engine would shut off for no apparent reason. Just a thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey joe in calif! Thanks for the reply. I didn't hit the kill switch, but that was the first thing I thought of. I took a test light to the black/blue wire connector at the fuel pump and it barely lights up the light. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply Peppyone1955! I read about the bank angle sensor in the owners manual and wondered if there might be a chance it could be that. I'll give it a look. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts