Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking at getting a trailer for our 2012 Wing. Can you guys give me some recommendations on the following:

1. Brands
2. Where to purchase
3. Options / accessories that should be purchased.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Bustec is great but can be a little over kill if you do not use the trailer much. Champion makes a great rig for less and so does road smith. Both can be ordered painted and shipped to you.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
There are also utility kits out there

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
How much luggage do you need to take and how often you use it?
I guess it really does boil down to what you use it for and hoe much.
Who you callin a hoe?

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Ok all kidding aside, A new trailer will cost you a bunch unless you build your own. I bought a used one that was like new & saved about 3 grand. Just look & you shall find. Be patient though it might take a month or so till you find the one you want. Here's a pic of mine I got used for a grand.

It's a Trekker trailer new it cost $3495.00 with black or white gel coat. Color match is extra.

http://www.trekkertrailer.com/

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a trailer and wouldn't be without one. It is 25 years old now and have had no problems with it. Of the top of my head I couldn't tell you the make. It's still painted to match my 86 Aspencade, but still looks new.

Why I say I wouldn't be without one is that it is probably hooked to the bike 40% of the time. I use it for grocery shopping, sometimes parts chasing and other things. I haveonly used it a couple times for travel. The wife and I find there is plenty of room on the bike to pack what we need.

With the 1800, mileage goes down about 1.5 - 2 mpg. That isn't bad since that gets me around 38 mpg with the trailer.

Mine has more than paid for itself over the years.

·
Registered
198 Posts
we pull a Hannigan Sierra which I bought used for half the price of the new one I was getting ready to order; it had everything we wanted to order; decked out really well.

I was re-goggling Hannigan's website to order the new one and happened to notice a link for a used one. It turned out to be only an hour away - and it was the color of the new Wing - we were blessed!

You might try that - goggling for a "Used one" and see what comes up.

We love our Hannigan and I would buy one from them if I was buying new. One of the things I like about a Hannigan is that the tires can be easily found; I don't think that is the case with those found on the Bushtec although I may be wrong.

At any rate, I hardly know its back there and I get consistently 40 mpg with the tailer loaded - and we take everything but the sink! We just returned from a three and half day trip that covered over 1800 miles and were comfortable the whole trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Gee whiz, I wish I got 40 mpg on my wing riding solo! Check e-bay. Also are you a member of GWRRA, they usually have used ones in the classifieds in the back of Wing World and they just put out a run down of trailers in one of the past issues recently. Plus getting to know other members and putting out the word that you are looking for one just might find you a nice one locally.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Got my Bushtec back in '08 for 2K, the way it sat when I got it would run 5-6K today. It pulls great (even after the accident) and been painted twice now (long story and it involves the accident!):eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.