Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home with a 1982 GL1100 Aspencade....purchased for $400 smackeroos. Has two engines (neither mounted, and one is Locked up) Bike is in a Gillion pieces but everything is there, and everything looks very sound....I just finished a 80 KZ750 twin, it was on Life Support---but now it runs like butter...Point is I ain't scared to turn a nut,,,, I'm just short on experience with (as my grandboy said when we picked it up) GOLDEN WINGS.....Q? 1--Best repair manual for this Bike. Q? 2--Best site to download manual. Q?3--Best site to buy parts. Q? 4--Is there a technical forum for wings that cover individual areas (carbs, electrical, trans, so on, & so on)
Lookin forward to the challenge and gettin' to know y'all.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , there are plenty of people on here to help you

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your wing pieces.... When you get them all together, ride safe and enjoy....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi and welcome, what a Fun jig saw puzzle. What kind of outcome are you looking for?
Are you going for just get it back together and ride it like you stole it.
Or are you into everything has to be perfect ready to be trailered to the next show?
Either way post lots of pictures and you will be the life of the party.
Some forums are Bit more technically helpfull with diagrams and helpfull how to videos but I have yet to see much of that on this site. However most of the nice folks here will help you get going in the right direction when you need some help or more confusion.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF & good luck with your project.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello dkl, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
WOW an 82 GL1100 with two engines.......now I need to see a pic of that......LOL.

Welcome to GWOF.......

Sounds like you will have a good time on your project......

You can check here to see if they have a downloadable manual you need.......

www.goldwingdocs.com

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome from N Texas

Sorry, I won't be much help with your 1100 but there are others here that will.

Good luck with your project bike

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Welcome & congrats from VA!

Make sure you turn the nut & NOT drop the nut! ;)

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome to the site dkl. Another site for answers is Steve Saunders Goldwingfacts.com. Best of luck with your project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.