Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went for ride this evening, and she got cold because of the wind on her shoulders. We had the freeze out thermals and well as the Sedica safety jackets and pants on. The wind hitting her shoulders was making her cold.

I have a 1995 SE 1500 with the 4 inch extra tall and 2 inch extra wide windshield. Question is , would a set of Baker hand wings help? If so I notice they make a regular style and new generation style, what's the difference between the two, and do the hand wings really work?

How do they mount on a 1500?

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Who is using them

Anyone using the wings on a 1500? And what do you think of them?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Im not sure how much wind they would block off your co-rider,but they do block off the wind on your hands and arms. In the summer they sure help bring in air to cool you off. They mount to the bottom of your mirrors with a small type clamp. I have a set on my 96 aspy and love them. Hal

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bought the air wings and the hand wings at Wing Ding in Knoxville and they sure do make a difference. When momma justs too warm from not getting enough cool air on hot days, nobody is happy! Now I've been able to take advantage of directing air to me and away from me well enough, and so far momma seems satisfied.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Put the handwings & another brand upper leg wings on my '95. They work, they are worth every penny & your wife will love getting the wind directed where she is comfortable. Gets it away from her in cold & gets in to her in the heat.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
I had the full set (mirror and lower and upper) on my 98 GL1500 and loved them. I think they would make a big difference in wind management especially for your wife...

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate all the replays. Should have the hand wings by Friday from Wingstuff, along with way more stuff I probably did not need.LOL

I think the heated gear is the way to go, what size alternator will I need to pull all the amps? All I have is stock alt right now.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Appreciate all the replays. Should have the hand wings by Friday from Wingstuff, along with way more stuff I probably did not need.LOL

I think the heated gear is the way to go, what size alternator will I need to pull all the amps? All I have is stock alt right now.
Unless you have a lot of electrical accessories the stock charging system should be ample. You want to make sure the battery is in good condition and use a Battery Tender when not riding to keep the battery fully charged.

Inquire about the amp draw on any heated gear you may be considering.

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Baker Built Hand Wings

Hallct, just wanted to answer your question about Baker wings....the "old" wings are made of acrylic material and are susceptible to breakage if bumped, plus care must be taken to not scratch them when cleaning. The "New Generation" wing products are made of F4 Customs windshield ploycarbonate material, and are unbreakable and very scratch resistant. By the way, she will notice an incredible difference with the hand wings installed, and your hands will thank you too!

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info F4' I got the older style because of the color to match the bike, will give them a try once I put them on today whenFedex shows up. if. They do not hold up will try the new style clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.