Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi a newbie here has a few questions and i hope this is the right place for them. well i have a 85 limited of a customers that i have been working on now for about a month, yes that long, it all started with the running lights and the cornoring lights not working. they were then all the sudden went out. so i read the manual and have done all the tests on everything i can and have ended up replacing the brake light turn signal light sensor box at the mention of honda, no luck same thing, so i traced the wires and thought the ignition switch so i tested and tested and came up with its ok , i went to the left handle bar switch and its all ok.have checked all the fuses and have no juice on the two one for the taillights and the other for the cornoring ligts, so if i run a hot to either one of those two all the lights work correctly, so somewhere im losing power to those two circuts but cannot find where? is there something im missing or what? i am at my witts end here?just no voltage at the two fuses. wow any body shed some light on this problem ? maybe someone has had this before? im ready to throw it away. thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you all. thanks again

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have you got access to the tech help line? If you're not a Honda dealership, maybe our new member from Champion Honda can help out there.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
This may or may not help you, but on the 1500 there is a 30 amp fuse over by the Battery that feeds all those other fuses. Might want to check over there, just a chance that they are similar.
Just a thought
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
I had a good friend who owned the Aspencade SEi and the cornering lights on his worked with the turn signals. You may have a break in the wires before it enters the fuse, remove the fuse(s) in question and touch the hot side and ground and see if you have power coming in. If test at the ignition switch and have power and you check at the hot side of the fuse and have no power the wires could be damaged.
If you have power on hot side and have no power to the lights, you may have no ground to them, damaged wires. Trace the wires from the fixtures back to the fuse or switch or their original starting point. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions

hi and thank you all for the suggestions, i finally tracked it down, it was the tail light relay that is way under everything under the air filter box and in there. its a pain to get at, but it had got moisture in it and corroded so it would not shut when the juice hit it, if i manually closed it everything worked fine. so i replaced it and wow after two months i finnally got it now just to put it all back together again. i hope. thanks again i will be back this is a great site

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
AAAh same as the famous Relay 3 on the 1500, I should have guessed.
Good JOB.
Ride Safe. Too cold to even get the bike out here in the Northwest Corner. Think I'll change the oil and put it to bed for the winter.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts