Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and a new Goldwing owner. I bought a used 2004 GL1800 a couple of days ago and tried to clean the decals off the windshield and ruined it with an abrasive solution that was not supposed to harm it. At any rate, I have no clue what kind of windshield to replace it with...can anyone give me some advice based on experience with different windshields? Thank much!!!

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
28,441 Posts
Welcome to the site Cliff, Sorry you messed up but live & learn. This subject brings as much input as Headsets does.

1st I have a Slipstreamer works really well it is 2 years old & only has one little mark on it. It was very reasonably price. I have a brother who swears by Tulsa with similar experiance to mine. They are a little more money. Different composite & stronger.

The many different brands would be as follows:

Cee Bailey
Memphis Shade
National Cycle Vstream
Kuryakyn
Typhoon
F4

I'm sure their are more that someone else will chime in. I like my Slipstreamer but if I was buying one today I would be leaning toward either the Vstream or the F4. Both are more costly but have been getting some good reviews.

Good luck in your search & ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I still have the stock windscreen on my 09, but I had a Tulsa Tall on my 98 Gl1500. I liked that one, but some don't like looking through the screen instead of over. Good luck on your decision. Lots to choose from..

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
My Wing has a Memphis Shades with the color tint on the bottom, it replaced a very scratched OEM one. I am thinking in the future when this one gets bad to replace it with the F-4.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just got the new 6mm thick national cycle v-stream. Rain forms tiny drops and blows away. Still will adjust up and down. Steel wool won't scratch it. My wife had the air bubble move past here for almost no turbulance for her. Also I saw one shot with a 12 gauge and not shatter. Does it sound like I like it or what?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can repair your own windshield and make it like new. If you wet sand the area with 2000 grit wet and dry till the marks are all gone, then with buffer using a fine scratch remover for paint adn rhen finally a couple coats of a good wax and it will look as good as new. The one on my 1500 was so bad you couldn't see through it, it took about 2 hours to do but it is as good as new now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I buffed and buffed away on my Venture windshield, mostly didn't have the $300 for a new one over ten years ago. Of all the members in our GWRRA chapters that have bought the F4, all are very pleased with it. I have the largest oversize Markland on my 1500.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I installed a F4 +4" (with vent) on my '10 last week. Love it! Pretty easy install. Removing the glue residue from where you take the OEM tape off the windshield mounting area was the most time consuming part of the install. Overall, about 1.5 hours to do.
Really made a positive difference. For tall riders, the F4 eliminates the buffeting around your helmet. Much quieter ride now and the shield is as clear as glass - no distortion at all. Have yet to ride in the rain with it. I am very happy with this shield.
Now the question is, do I sell the stock windshield?
Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my standard screen cut down by a couple of inches as I hated looking through the screen so I can now peer over as one should. I did not cut it myself but got a windscreen man to do it for me but the tape that he used to protect the screen ha left a smear which I not been able to get rid of. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i've got a brand new vented oem honda windshield for sale for GL1800 $160.00 shipped to lower 48 (list is $249.00)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OEM WIndshield

Rob,

I responded to your PM concerning the windshield and never got the reply. Is this the same windshield you advertised as NIB before for $95.00 plus 10.00 shippping?

Cliff

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
no ,i sold that one,it had vent hole only (vent not included) shipping cost 17.00.this one comes with the oem vent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts