Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's 98 SE 1500 is running rich according to the mechanic at Honda shop. (He is supposed to know what he is doing according to outside sources.) Bike has a constant miss and really shows up in slow speed, tight corners. Been through the carbs twice, all the vacuum hoses, and I had already did the air filter, subfilter, plugs and gas filter. The factory rep. was in and he is also baffled. Wife really wants back on her bike. Any suggestions??? I would consider taking it somewhere else if I had any clue where to go :(
God Bless,
Kevin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the miss ther as soon as you start it ? My 98 started missing after it ran a few minutes, turned out to be a coil breaking down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help

Dealer called yesterday and said the bike is FINALLY done, but they are not sure of the exact problem since they checked out several things. The good things is they didn't even rob us. Now that is a miracle :) If the problem reoccurs I will change the plugs to Champions. Thanks for the input.

God Bless,
Kevin

·
Registered
129 Posts
DO NOT change the plugs to Champion brand !!! Chinese made pc. of crap, stamped as US made, my ass. BTW, it's not the plug that was the cause of the problem.

Tell wife to wash it, change the oil, hug it and talk to it instead of just expecting from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts