Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member of this forum for a while now and I have had a few scrapes with other members, but I value the advice or help given me anytime that I have asked. I DO NOT EXPECT A MAN TO GIVE ME HELP, BUT CAN'T ACCEPT HIS OPINION that may be more valuable to me in the future ! I have seen some very good advice on this forum and a ton of opinions, which I personally think goes hand in hand. WHY WOULD I ASK SOMEONE FOR HELP AND NOT VALUE THEIR OPINION ? I have to reason that if I'm willing to follow his advice on a repair or something then I should trust his opinion without being offended. I welcome your opinions along with your advice and I thank all of you for your past advice and opinions, not to say that I necessarily agree all the time, but it is always 100% appreciated ! I promise ... your opinions will never be taken as "your talking down to me " . I would expect that I may need your help one day when I could be on the side of the road and because I shunned an earlier opinion, I may not get your help in the present ! I look at it like this ..... " never piss-off the waiter before you get your food " . Thanks guys ! I appreciate all of you !!!!!

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Well I can help you with my opinion anytime, but I'm not sure my opinion will help....:confused:

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's Opinion.:D

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
You underestimate yourself ! Your one of my go-to guys if I need input.
The fossil is 1 of my go to guys also and just 1 hell of a great person.;) Come on spring I need a good ride.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
The fossil is 1 of my go to guys also and just 1 hell of a great person.;) Come on spring I need a good ride.
I better get off my butt and order tires, it's coming quick.:eek:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I better get off my butt and order tires, it's coming quick.:eek:
Yes it is and I myself do need a new front, I do hope to do this year on the same rear car tire.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
We have some great people on here. What I enjoy here is there is seldom any bad words among the members on here. We are all different in our own way and still get along really well.
Way to GO GWOF.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
If I have helped in any way it was completely unintentional and I apologize in advance for any future help I may imply.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Never met you but hope too. Your bark is bigger than your bite. You're a big softie....a big ole teddy bear with the balls to speak your mind. You're ok in my book Santini. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I have helped in any way it was completely unintentional and I apologize in advance for any future help I may imply.
I'm sure it is unintentional, yet your infinite wisdom seems to have a mind of its own and sneaks out to assist anytime it is needed. Lol

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Opinions are that which lead us to weigh and ponder. We can refute or agree afterward based on our own logic and 'opinion'.:D

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Opinions are that which lead us to weigh and ponder. We can refute or agree afterward based on our own logic and 'opinion'.:D
Well said, we are allowed to have opinions on here.
At home not so much.:( :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Well said, we are allowed to have opinions on here.
At home not so much.:( :rolleyes:
That's where you're wrong Ron Robertson. I'm allowed to have my opinions at Home. They just don't count so much.:eek: Hope she doesn't see this one. HAHAHA

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never met you but hope too. Your bark is bigger than your bite. You're a big softie....a big ole teddy bear with the balls to speak your mind. You're ok in my book Santini. ;)
That's your opinion ! I don't like injustice, bullies and unappreciative attitudes. I believe most people want to feel needed and feel that their opinion could be helpful. We have a forum member who says " if everyone thinks alike... then someone isn't thinking " .... very true ! Only an imbecile would reject other opinions along with requested help. Oh ! I will bite if provoked, but I am not one of these guys that is your friend one second and turning on you the next. I like strangers more than people I know, because I don't know the stranger !

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
That's where you're wrong Ron Robertson. I'm allowed to have my opinions at Home. They just don't count so much.:eek: Hope she doesn't see this one. HAHAHA
So I don't bring this up at breakfast. It's all on you Lee.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
The one thing I have learned about opinions is that they are as usuful as you want them to be. I am grateful for the people on this forum. I watch it daily. The information and opinions on here are very useful and helpful as well as insightful. Opinions are usually one of two things. The first being that they are derived from experience. The second being that they are based on what they have learned from others. There are those that use their opinion to hurt or insight a problem. I am glad that I don't see that on here. I have been on many forums that opinions start fights. This is when I usually leave and never come back. This place is a wealth of knowledge and great people. I sincerely hope that I get a chance to meet people like Santini, Budoka, Ron Roberts and especially that wonderful Trike Lady. I do appreciate all the knowledge that you people bring to the place and are willing to share on this great forum.

Thank you for all you do and will do for us in the future. My GF always says " If I want your opinion...I will tell you what it is." I have always liked that.

Keep doing what you do and always be the great people that you are.

Ride safe all of you.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Someone recently said "I would rather be disturbed by the truth then comforted by a lie". I too value what others think and y'all are pretty entertaining to listen too also!

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
There is that old adage "Opinions are cheap. Everybody's got one." But some are more valuable than others. Not so much for the substance, but rather the source. I haven't found anyone on this forum whose opinion I would not value. I may not agree, but I still value your opinion. Whether it be about 1800 vs 1500, waving at other riders, WindBender vs F4 vs Slipstream, or cloud cakes. Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure it is unintentional, yet your infinite wisdom seems to have a mind of its own and sneaks out to assist anytime it is needed. Lol
Since Chopin114 is the only one on the board that I have actually met in person, I'll keep my opinion to myself. I do however, have to say that he makes a pretty good guide and riding companion if you run across him somewhere or you happen to be in his area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts