Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today we took a two hour ride to Shanksville. Pa. It’s the site where the hero’s of flight 93 went home to Our Father. Very beautiful ride, the leaves are almost in full color.
It was a beautiful day and the weather was in the 50’s however the wind was strong. So I turned on the heated seat and the grips too. It was the first real test for them. Going out they seemed to work fine. My wife complained that her seat, which has its own control, wasn’t working. On the way home, mine stopped working too. I tried cycling the settings and turning them on and off. I never did get the seat to heat up after that.
When I got home I tried shutting off the engine and restarting to see if there was some electrical glitch. Still there was no heat from the seat. The odd thing was, I could hear what sounded to be an alarm coming from under the seat somewhere while the engine was operating! So I shut down the engine rotated the key switch all the way to “lock” then restarted the engine. The alarm noise was no longer audible and the heated grips worked. The seat still doesn’t work.
Is there some alarm under the seat?
Anyone knows where to get a circuit schedule or diagram for the seat?
Is there some trouble shooting guide?
What fuse is used for the seat, perhaps it just blew a fuse?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There is no alarm on the bike, Honda has a lot of trouble with the heated seats and grips on the Gold Wing, usually if the seat doesn't work the grips won't work either , but in your case that didn't happen .you could check all the pulgs, are under the seat. It's under waranty so if all else fails, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I don't get this at all. Today after work I started the bike up again and after five minutes the drive seat started to warm up. So I tried the passenger seat and again after few minutes it also started to heat up. It was very slow, however it did at least start to work. So I'm completely at a loss as to how this works or what is going on with the heated seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts