Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I found that pictures are decieving. It looks good enough to go check out though.

Make out a list of items that might cost dollars in the near future:
tires etc.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
See if the stator has been replaced. if not your in for an $1100.00 repair, Check the plug next to the battery and see if it's starting to melt.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I would put a few more bucks and get something newer, it might be a good deal, or it could cost you more money.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
You are getting good advice here and it will help you make better choices.

Maybe a good approach would be to buy what looks good to you and seems to be a good, running bike.

No matter what you buy, keep some extra money aside for the repairs and upgrades. Probably going to find those things no matter which bike you pick if over 5 years old.

If it runs good, you won't have to do it all at once but it'll take some time and money to get it where back up to snuff.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with the earlier post...look for a newer bike...I Just sold my 1981 GW interstate although it was in great shape...it was getting to the point where all the seals and hoses were dried out, parts were not easily available and would require major repair in a few miles give or take....

I would also be cautious about the tank being painted...that sounds as though the bike might have been hit from the side...look for cracked motor mounts and excess vibrations...

At the end of the day it is your choice...but given that parts are no longer made for that bike...move forward to a 1990 and newer where Honda is still making parts...

Good Luck and Safe Ride

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fo all the advice everyone, I have sent him an email, and have not heard back yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts