Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 goldwing 1500. i need some help. i have a bad right hip and can not use the back break pedal to stop the bike,because it puts too much presser on my hip when i go to stop. can anyone tell me what i can do to modifier the back breaks to help me stop the bike??
thanks for you suggestions

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a Markland floorboard setup for the back brake that pushes the pedal more forward, which might allow you to use more of your upper thigh than your hip.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The fr & rr brakes are linked so you can use a bit more of the hand control pressure too.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
The fr & rr brakes are linked so you can use a bit more of the hand control pressure too.
that won't work for him because he's riding a 1500 wing. the brake pedal contorls the front left brake and the rear brake. the only thing the lever controls is the right front brake. he could take the brake pedal off the shaft and reposition it so the pedal is up higher on the shaft

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Repositioning the brake pedal on the shaft might help.

Would the dual levers work on a 1500 ??

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Repositioning the brake pedal on the shaft might help.

Would the dual levers work on a 1500 ??
The company could adapt them to the 1500, you'd have to contact them so they could include the correct hardware and brake lines.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Spotted those in Wingworld last night. Worth a try.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.