Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post. I recently had the oil changed (at the dealer) on my new 2010 GL1800, and a few days later, the right side engine cover (painted to look like chrome) blew off on I-94. I was in heavy traffic and doing 70, so no dice on recovering it. The dealer ordered one to replace it, but it is BO'd until December! I am having a really bad time locating one - there has to be one somewhere I would think.?? Do any of you have an advice or good sources? Thanks in advance, and this is a nice site.

The part number is 83511-MCA-A60

Tim

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello redwing, welcome to GWOF. have you looked on ebay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solution and THANKS

Hi all and thank you to all of you who tried to help. In a roundabout way, I eventually got to http://www.hondapowersportsparts.com
I spoke to Deb in the parts dept. They did not have the part, but she used her national parts locator and found one at Kent Powersports (Yamaha) in San Antonio. Go figure! They are shipping me one out. I will definitely use hondapowersportsparts.com again. Most of the places I spoke with told me that Honda's production of painted parts was severely affected by the earthquake/tsunami. Not sure but it makes sense. Thanks again all, enjoy your weekend. Great riding weather up here in Minnesota this weekend!:D
Now I just need to convince the dealer to pay the bill. LOL

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard. Something to be cautious of is the grommets on the bike and the covers. they can come off and cause the covers to take flight. I've found a couple on my garage floor after maintenance work and luckily haven't lost a cover. I got a couple packs from Wingstuff on a previous order...significantly cheaper than in my own dealership with my staff discount:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts