Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my wing about 2 weeks and I was so excited to get riding, but after only 20 miniutes or so my hips and legs start hurting so bad all I want to do is get off the bike. I thought it would get better each time I rode but it dosn't. I asked for some tips last week, so I have a back rest and now a extra pad but no relief. I'm really discouraged and worried. I just invested $16,000 bucks and I cann't even ride more than a few minutes. Maybe it's just me. I'm 49 yrs old 6'2" and weight 265 lbs. PLEASE any suggestions, or do I need to trade for another bike? I thought since I was a big guy I needed a big bike and one my wife could come along with me.
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've only had my wing about 2 weeks and I was so excited to get riding, but after only 20 miniutes or so my hips and legs start hurting so bad all I want to do is get off the bike. I thought it would get better each time I rode but it dosn't. I asked for some tips last week, so I have a back rest and now a extra pad but no relief. I'm really discouraged and worried. I just invested $16,000 bucks and I cann't even ride more than a few minutes. Maybe it's just me. I'm 49 yrs old 6'2" and weight 265 lbs. PLEASE any suggestions, or do I need to trade for another bike? I thought since I was a big guy I needed a big bike and one my wife could come along with me.
Thanks for listening.
You may try a set of forward pegs if you don't have any. They mount on the motor guard and allow your feet and legs to be more stretched out. I find on longer rides it is more comfortable that way. I would think they should be in the $25.00 to $35.00 range anywhere MC assessories are sold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, the bike came with a set of highway bars & pegs, this helps some but only for a few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
do you have any injuries ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
injuries

I have had two back surgeries and have arthritis in my hips, but I was not having any of these issues agreviated until longer rides. I did get some pegs and a gel pad and it helps a lot.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i have a pinched nerve and herneated disc in my neck so i fully understand you only being comfortable for a short time. one of the key things i do to ride more than an hour is be as comfortable as i can and relax as much as i can. if i leave out tensed i will have a short and mostly miserable ride. if i am having one of those days its best to breakup my ride time. its better to get off the bike and relax than to push it and be misarable. i know anything more than two hours is pushing my saddle time on a good day. keep your favorite pain releaver with you too as long as you have your sences after taking it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips, I'll use them. I just installed aset of peg extensions and used a small memory foam pad on the seat. Wow what a differance this made. Still don't know if I'll ever go for all day rides but at least I can go longer than a few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i use a gelpad also. it gets the kink out of my legs because the seat is too low and addssome comfort too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts