Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1975 gl1000, thought I was having ignition issues but everything in ignition checks out great, so here is what I found, engine starts up fine, runs for a minute and dies, wont restart without alot of effort, finally after much trial and error found that cylinder number 4 is filling with gas and flooding, so much so that it runs out the exhaust and fouls the plug, when I checked the fuel pump, as soon as I open the petcock gas just pours out the outlet tube like there isnt a pump there, shouldnt the gas only run through when engine is running? I think i have a fuel pump issue but not sure, when petcock is off, bike will run with starting fluid but when petcock is on it drowns! If anybody has any ideas the help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I have been fighting this problem for weeks now. Also my chilton manual really shows nothing with the fuel system, there arent any checks or test procedures in there, I do have good spark and my ignition checks out, Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... With The Age Of That Machine I Would Take Off The Carbs. And Do A Good Cleaning/rebuild On Them ... There Are Definate Float Probs. ... Others Will Jump In Here That Have More Knowledge Than I About The Older Machines ... Happy Trails ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts