Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am trying to remove my fairing to have it painted and cannot get it to come off. I have ordered a service manual. Not sure what else to remove to get it loose.

Help
Doug

·
Administrator
26,224 Posts
Doug, it's been so long since I had my 1500 I really forget where to start so I looked up the manual online (don't worry, you can't do this, I'm a dealer). First you have to remove the two side panels on each side, then the fairing pocket on the left and right sides along with the two inner covers and the ignition switch cover. Then you can remove the top compartment piece(s). From there it starts to get a bit more complicated as the pieces and fasteners get more intricate. This is a big job so take it slow and easy. The fairing inner covers are next, then the lower fairing coversRad shroud and front lower cover and the under cover. You will also likely uncover some electrical connectionsand some small trim pieces that will have to come off along the way and their associated fasteners. Once all that is done, the trim, grille and headlight assemblies come off and then the main fairing itself should be able to be removed once all the fasteners are undone. Whew, we having fun yet? If you have an SE model, there will be more doodads and things to remove as well, and likely the reverse lever assembly (but I'm not totally sure on that). This should bet you going until you get your manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brother, I may have bit off more than I can chew. Once I get it off it might not ever go back on.

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Doug, I'm sure someone else may respond until then, however I'm at work & I can tell you that I had to remove mine to change a headlight switch & wiring harness. It is a bear to do. When I get home if no one has responded I will copy & scan in my clymers book for removal & send it to you.

It really isn't terrible it's just tedious. Everything has to keep coming off. Just keep looking for screws & bolts & believe me there are no short cuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts