Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 GL1800 Goldwing that has been triked out with a Motortrike conversion kit. I would like to know how to disable the abs system so my abs light will go out, it is realy bright at night. Please can anyone help me.

Trikeman

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello bob, welcome to GWOF. hopefully the trike lady can answer your question

·
Registered
905 Posts
Only problem is these bikes have a black box, (recording system) If involved in wreck box is pulled and checked. This raises serious questions with insurance companys. It is not advisable to pull fuse. Have a reptuable tech scan and repair it.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I own a 2007 GL1800 Goldwing that has been triked out with a Motortrike conversion kit. I would like to know how to disable the abs system so my abs light will go out, it is realy bright at night. Please can anyone help me.

Trikeman
How long ago did you have the Wing triked? I have pulled out the installation manual I have for the Motortrike kit and since your Wing is 07, they should have reinstalled the ABS Pulsar Ring. This is in the installation manual.
What you can do now is remove fuses #5 & 6 to disable the ABS Motor Function and Main ABS Fuse#12. The brakes will work as hydraulic brakes minus the ABS System. When an ABS system fails on any vehicle, your vehicle retains its hydraulic braking system and stops normally.
Sorry I'm late with an answer, just found the manuals for trikes and Wings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try your instructions tomorrow and see if it works. For a little light it sure gives off a big bright red light at night. Thanks again, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts