2008 is same bike except:
XM
Nav better on 2010
Tire pressure sensor

SO are these features worth the money?

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
If you really want them they are.. Also, heated seats and grips were standard on the 2009 and 2010. Don't know about the 2008, but they may be since you are looking at the highend model.. Only other issue would be the resale value of an 08 vs 10. But that may be way down the line...,

·
Administrator
26,224 Posts
I'd opt for the 2010 but I'd also wait and see what Mother Honda will do with the 2010 non-current inventories and buyer incentives. There isn't a whole lot happening right at the moment, but I'd bet there is more coming down the pipe as the 2012 gets closer to release. If you could find a new in the crate (or on the floor) '08 it might be a very attractive buy depending on the program that's on, and of course the equipment level. I like having the GPS, the ABS and the airbag on my '09, and the heated options are just ducky up here in the spring and fall and those sometimes cool summer mornings. Decisions, decisons. The downside of the older 'new' bike is even though you counter the depreciation with the offset of the price incentive, you loose value in a shorter time the older the bike is.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
'10 riders still complain about the Navi system, only their complaints are about a " newer " map than us '08 riders. ((( XM ))) would be sweet. Complaints about them is the factory antenna placement. Some have bought an after-market antenna that has satisfied their reception issues. Tire Pressure Monitoring System, nice plus. Motorcycle tires always seem to be low on air. Don't have ABS on mine and hope I never miss it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Remember that on the 2008 NAV you will get a 2007 map...that's real old in GPS standards.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Tooth
I have a 2010 ABS model and I love it. IMHO, the Navi is better but neither is good; I despise regular radio now that I've had satellite radio in both cars for years so for me the XM is a big plus and yes I will find a better antenna option. The TPS is a nice feature but it wouldn't sway me either way. So are the features worth $3k? I would say no, not the features but if you also take the present value of a bike 2 years newer bike (therefore the resale) and combine that with the features, I'd say yes. One other thing to consider. You can very quickly and very easily drop another $3 Grand on backrest, foot pegs, driving lights, new helmet, jacket, bike cover, bling, and bling bling. I know it seems like a lot but it happens fast... I know from experience

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Try to find an 08 base model and add the after market stuff yourself, it will be better and cheaper. The heated stuff on the Wing is always giving people trouble, if you change seats than the rest of the heated stuff won''t work, the GPS is outdated and upgrades are expensive and there were RUMORS that Garmin wasn't going to support them anymore, the TPMS is a joke, an idiot light that tells you nothing except that one of your tires is low, doesn't tell you which tire or how low it is and you have to ride several miles before it works. Now thats just my opinion and I know a lot of people have purchased the bike with all that stuff on it and love it, I just see to many of them having trouble and complaining about it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the 2010
Thanks to all for advice
pick up at end of month

1 - 8 of 8 Posts