Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started having trouble with clutch, can anyone tell me where to start? No leaks, just got soft and then would not engage. This is my first Wing so I don't know the first thing about it.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
If the lever feels soft, it sounds like you got air in the system. When was the last time the system was bled and flushed ??
You can try this, Get you self a small piece of wood maybe 1 inch long and 3/4"x 3/4". Can be anything that will give you a 3/4"spacer. Place one of the 3/4" sides against the grip, pull the lever in against the block and tie in place. You should now have 3/4' between the lever and the grip. Let it set over night. The bike should be on the center stand front wheel turned to the right. This is a self bleeding technique that can also be used on the brakes.
Keep us posted on what you find.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't i need to open something up? If i try this.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Don't i need to open something up? If i try this.
not unless you want all the fluid to drain out. if you are going to bleed the system then you need to open the bleeder at the slave cylinder, like doing brake

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its on center stand and all tied up hope it works, 24 hr. to go.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
No you don't have to open anything up for this to work.
I've used this method more then once.
What color is the fluid in the site glass if it is dark it's time to flush the system.
If this is a new to you wing. It wouldn't hurt to flush and bleed the brakes and clutch

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
I wil flush ASAP thank to all for your help. I will post if it works for me.

I'll never be back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.