Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing to inquire as to whether or not anyone has had any experience with the Honda Accessory Socket Set (Honda Part#08-U55MCA101), which is to be installed in the left side compartment where the Ipod harness is positioned!?!

The purpose of this addition is for the purpose of charging Ipod, Mobile Phone, etc.

Please take a moment to stop by and let me know your personal experiences and whether or not you favor the addition or not.

QUESTION: Does the bike have to be cranked in order for the 12 volt charger to work???

Thank you for your time.
:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUESTION: Does the bike have to be cranked in order for the 12 volt charger to work???

While I don't have the 12Volt Adapter harness yet, I doubt that the bike has to be running for it to be powered. If it is plugged into the supplied Honda factory pigtail, more than likely it will work when the key is in the 'Accessory' position. I'm sure someone else will chime in to clarify if my assumption is rite or not. You can always wire it to a 12V output that is always 'hot' if that is what you are looking for, although I would not suggest it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am writing to inquire as to whether or not anyone has had any experience with the Honda Accessory Socket Set (Honda Part#08-U55MCA101), which is to be installed in the left side compartment where the Ipod harness is positioned!?!

The purpose of this addition is for the purpose of charging Ipod, Mobile Phone, etc.

Please take a moment to stop by and let me know your personal experiences and whether or not you favor the addition or not.

Thank you for your time.
Not to long ago I picked up a GW 1982 A and one of the first things I did was check out the 12 volt socket on the left side of the faring.

Mine was live with out the engine running and had 12 volts.
I have heard that some are not 12 volts, so best to check before you have smoke. WA9FWT Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts