Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just recieved a HJC 1/2 helmet I ordered from Motorcycle Superstore and the damn thing is made in china. They never mentioned it was imported. Its a nice helmet and fits good but its from china. We need to get our jobs back here but thats another story.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Last fall I got 2 half helmets, one has a flip down visor built right into the top.. I like them but I wear ear plugs...the wind noise get to me.:eek: I also have 2 full face helmets..both older though. The newer helmets seem to be all imports,but, they are light weight...that can make a big difference on long rides.:D

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I am a fan of scorpions.

I have also found that a helmet is sensitive to a particular bike.
I love the 400 series for my Honda 1100 Shadow with a small windscreen. It is quieter both in noise reduction from the wind and pitching from buffeting is reduced. The antifog shield has never failed.

I normally wear a 100 series helmet on the wing. I love the instant sunvisor when I change directions in the sun or if the sun goes down, just flip them up. But on the 1100, it becomes a parachute as wind blows up thru it it feels like I am about to take flight. Conversely, I don't wear the full 400 on the wing unless its cold. With a full windshield, plus a full helmet feels stifling to me if its warm-I can't get any ventilation in the full helmet with a full windshield.

My wife got an HJC 3/4 with built in visor that she likes and probably makes the it the safest most common sense helmet in the family.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Matching HJC IS-Max-BT flip ups with dual visors. Good helmet for the money. I want to investigate the Shuberts one day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I still like my HD kelvar half helmet, very light and very strong. It has leather ear covers which hold speaker pockets. I think its good protection w/o the closed in bulk of 3/4 or full face jobs. I do have an older 3/4 helmet that feels good in the winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi big daddy, up here in vt my better half and myself wearboth the half helmet in summer and full face in spring and fall. ride safe.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I think I like the full face. I ride about 30 miles to work everyday, and I need something that will keep me warm. I think I will just have to go try a bunch on, and see what I like.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
ARAI, 3/4 helmet.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
cs12, cl15 ff helmets. fs33, ac-3 3/4 helmets, and finally i have and sometimes wear an cs2n half helmet, all are hjc

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Matching IS-33 and half lids (HJC), and I have an Arai Vector ff as well. Did use an HJC ff for a couple years, but never liked it; forget what model it is.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I use an HJC Sy-Max II and for the most part I am happy with it. The inner shade could be darker, but I don't think thay make a darker shield for it. The only thing that I'd wish for is that it have less wind noise, but I think that is a problem with all/most modular helmets.

Going to take a hard look at the Shark Evoline when I find one in my size (XL). I really like the idea of that chin bar rotating all the way to the back of the helmet. Found one in Fredericksburg, VA on clearance sale for $199, but it was an XS. Even with what I've seen, I'm still not quite sold on them yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have 2 helmets: a Shoei MultiTec (flip-up) and a Shoei X-12 (fullface); I wear the flip up 90% of the time

·
Registered
132 Posts
Me: HJC Modular just DOT rated.
Wife: HJC 3/4 with DOT and SNELL ratings. One problem though we got it from a Harley Dealer. I need to find a way to get them @#&* stickers off of it :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got new HJC IS-33's when I got the bike anf love the drop down tinted short shield.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts