Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new Helmet and curious if any of you have experience with the modular style. If so what do you like or dislike about them?
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I have the HJC Modulars and they are the way to go if you wear glasses. Makes it easy to get a drink when getting gas or whatever and chatting with somebody when at a stop. I think its the best way to go. :D

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have the HJC modulars as well and overall am very pleased. The only downside IMO is it's heavy.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
I have the HJC modulars as well and overall am very pleased. The only downside IMO is it's heavy.
are they that much heavier than an equal size ff helmet

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I am looking for a helmet that is cooler than my half helmet . I thought it would be cool when i bought it , but it will cook me in hot summer in Alabama ! I am open for suggestions if someone knows of a much cooler style or brand .

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Switched to modulars this year for snowmobiling, and yes they are substantially heavier than regular ff lids. Not considering for the m/c though (yet).

·
Registered
124 Posts
MY wife and I wear the Shark Evoline helmet. Open face when you want, and full face when you want. Yes, a bit heavy, but you get used to it. OK in hot weather as open face. I wear it year round and love it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am sitting in my living room wearing my brand new HJC CL-MAX II right now. The UPS fairy brought it while I was at work today. I'm debating the size as I type. It is definitely not too big, the question is it too small? I tried on a 2X (largest anyone carries) in the stores and it was too tight. I ordered this 3X and think it will be good. The release on the modular is tight and the helmet does feel a bit heavier than a regular FF. I can only imagine what the 4X would feel like. I'm glad there is a correlation between head diameter and inteligence :D That is true right? I'd hate to think Mommy was just telling me that...:eek:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Santini if you have ear protectors on this helmet consider taking them out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Helmet Fate? Former Wing Owner Wants to Sell 2 Helmets

Went to the VA Hospital in West Palm Beach, FL today, rode my Yellow Wing. After my appointments prepared to ride home; however, could not see my multi-display. :) A fellow motorcycle rider had placed a note on my bike, i.e.

"I have a pair of yellow helmets and intercom system brand new for sale. One still in box, never used. Call me if interested: Mike,
1-561-662-3478"

I called Mike and tried to get additional info on the helmets. He was in the middle of something and could not provide me detailed info. He said he'll call me later and give me details.

I don't think these helmets will work for me (XXL). I'm a recovering "helmet whore" and have too many lids as is, also, I normally ride solo and don't need intercom equip.

If interested, Mike said to give him a call. When I spoke to him he said it was okay to put his telephone number on the forum. I'll pass on any additional info I may get.
Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
We use Shoei modulars. Fit is a personal thing but we like em. Not saying these are better or worse. Specs say that modulars are heavier than their ff counterparts but I have never gotten off my bike and thought, "gee that was a great ride but this helmet is too heavy". The convenience of the modular design far outweighs ;) the extra weight. IMHO

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info, am gonna try the modular. Ordered an HJC CL-MAX II tonight and
I have rather large head so ordered the 4X. Can get in a 3X but it just too tight in my opinion. Again thanks,
Ken

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Went to the VA Hospital in West Palm Beach, FL today, rode my Yellow Wing. After my appointments prepared to ride home; however, could not see my multi-display. :) A fellow motorcycle rider had placed a note on my bike, i.e.

"I have a pair of yellow helmets and intercom system brand new for sale. One still in box, never used. Call me if interested: Mike,
1-561-662-3478"

I called Mike and tried to get additional info on the helmets. He was in the middle of something and could not provide me detailed info. He said he'll call me later and give me details.

I don't think these helmets will work for me (XXL). I'm a recovering "helmet whore" and have too many lids as is, also, I normally ride solo and don't need intercom equip.

If interested, Mike said to give him a call. When I spoke to him he said it was okay to put his telephone number on the forum. I'll pass on any additional info I may get.
Ride Safe,
T-Rex
the headset comes in handy for listining to music and for times when i ride with someone that has a cb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts