Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a decent location in central Indiana to get a helmet. I have checked a few stores but not much in selection. Like to find someone to help an old guy out in my next purchase.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Do you know what you want in a helmet? Start searching the net for manufacturers, styles, colors, features etc...Once you find something your interested in then I'd highly recommend finding a dealer so that you can actually try them on for sizing. FF helmets especially have different shapes, and us people have differnet shape heads. It's a tough decision, you'll want to get the right helmet, considering it will be on your head for extended periods of time, and what it will be protecting.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Whacker hit the nail on the head... no pun intended.. Search online for a style you like and in the $$ range you want to spend. Lots of choices (half, full, flip, etc). Once you narrow down your choices, search for a dealer that carries what you are looking for. If nothing local, then consider a day trip to a dealer (great excuse for a ride). Try the helmets on and then decide which you like best. Once you do that, if the dealer is too expensive or doesn't have the color you want, you could always order online if you can get it for less and have it shipped. Good luck in keeping your head safe and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
JeffM: If your over 18 years of age I believe the helmet is an option in your state. Doesn't surprise me that you have a shortage of helmets there, not a hot selling item I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JeffM: If your over 18 years of age I believe the helmet is an option in your state. Doesn't surprise me that you have a shortage of helmets there, not a hot selling item I guess.
Yea, Indiana has no helmet law. I just feel better with one and I want to install a headset so I can talk to someone and not be lonely.:) I was just hoping to find a shop I could find a good choice to look at.

Jeff

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You may have to look around a bit Jeff. The most crucial thing about a helmet is proper fit and long term comfort. It should be snug, but not pinch or have pressure points. You can spend all the money in the world for the best helmet out there, but if is a poor fit it won't save your mellon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts