Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals. As I stated before wife & I will be making cross country trip next june/july & we decided to set aside the Full Faced helmets & go with Open Faced due to the lighter weight. Right now I'm leaning toward HJC IS-33's. We have friends that have them & they really like them. So here's the question.

Do any of you have any opinion on the subject or insight to the HJC's?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
all of my current helmets are hjc, i have two full face, an ac3 3/4 helmet and a half helmet

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had an HJC open face in the past and they are great. Now I have an Arai classic/C open face, Nolan 102N-Com flip face, and an HJC full face, depends on the weather which one I wear. I think you will both love the HJC, great helmet for the price.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Fossil: The IS-33 is a great lid, I bought one for my wife this year and she is thrilled with it. I have an Aria ff Vector that is new and a half shell that is due for replacement, and I'm going with the IS-33 for myself too. It has more features than a comparable model Arai at a way more reasonable price. The test specs on HJC helmets are right up there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have the HJC Max Flip Front Helmets.
They work great for us.
We also have 2 set up for snowmobileing with the fog free shields on them and communicators.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i also have the HJC module helmet. Would not use anything else. Light weight, warm in the cold, can flip it up in the summer, & headsets work great in them.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Don't own a HJC, but I've seen the video on the helmet you are looking to buy. I like what I see. I'm probably going to get a new helmet in the spring and will seriously consider the HJC. Sounds like a lot of helmet for a really good price. My current helmet is about 5 years old and I need to change color to match the new Wing. My daughters is only 2 years old, so she is not due yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yup, me and da' missus have the HJC's. Alot of protection if you should need it, god forbid. Very comfortable, warm in the cold but a good vent for hot days. Also easy to switch between the sun visor to the full face sheild should you get into bad weather and the J&M headsets fit nicely. Lyndon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nothing wrong with an HJC so long as its Snell rated. I can understand wanting the open face, it does get hot behind that big wind shield. I haven't succumbed yet, sweat wipes off, but what I receive from a get-off where I land on my face won't.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered the HJC IS-33's this morning. $107.00 a piece & should be here next week. Now all I will have to do is transfer Headsets & we'll be ready to roll next year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bill, after reading numerous articles and talking with my niece who is a parts and acc manager at one of the biggest M/C shops in the usa, full face only. I am changing my wifes 3/4 to full face in the spring and not those flip up ones (weak point). By the way, where are you headed? (washington maybe). :) Linden

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Linden, we will be driving up the coast from San Francisco planning on staying a couple days in Seattle before heading to Idaho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts