Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what would be the best helmets for the hot summer days. I'm one of the riders that beleive in helmets, so the hair blowing in the wind will not work for me. I will also be adding the intercom system to the helmets, so let me know what works best on keeping you cool and mounting a intercom system to. Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are many different types I have an ARAI open face and it is light and the J&M headset mounts nice in it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
MC
What Joe said. Go to a shop with a good selection of skid lids and find the one that fits YOU. I wear a 1/2 helmet with a built in flip down viser and a zip out winter coller for the ears. I use a Cardo rider headset that mounts to it well. Due to the insulation a black helmet is only 2 deg hotter than a white one. Check for good ventelation and a perfect fit.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
mckid, The guys are spot on here about going to try them on & searching for what you like best. My wife & I have HJC IS-33's & we love them lightweight & built in sunvisors (ie fighter jet style). Good luck on your search.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've had 3/4 Arai and Shoei helmets and have liked them both. Never had a HJC, but that may be the next one on my list. All are good, and if price is not an issue, size and fit are/should be the deciding factor. Your $$ your choice.

Ride safe whatever you wear...

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
If you don't mind heavy, sort-of- uncomfortable, awkward and cheap, get a " Fulmer " brand helmet. I did.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I agree you need to try it on before you buy. Size is not standardized between the manfacturers. Once you find the one you like and your size in that brand then shop (internet) around and save a few bucks if you want. I bought a set from the Honda dealer just a cheap as anybody else and they mounted the intercom goodies and no charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my wife and I have the scorpian helmets also, had shoei before replacing with scorpian. I really like the tinted drop down lens. Also if you buy the helmet and after wearing it awhile you don't like the fit you can replace the liner to change the size. My wifes is a medl and mine is a large , helmets are the same. Cost was 118.00 at RAY PRICE HARLEY dealer. Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts