Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking for helmet speaker which have a decent quality sound for my gl1500 have done the radio mod with a relay and switch so i can now use my ipod or switch to radio any help appreciated:)

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Check out J&M Corp or Sierra Electronics.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I too am considering the J&M helmet communications system. The problem is deciding how much to spend. I've been told that their "Elite" system is the best quality, but it's pretty pricy at around $190 + $60 for the conecting cord. Then do I buy the same quality for my wife? That's a total of around $500!

ed

(YV)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just remember if you buy cheap you will probably buy it twice. Whether you buy your wife the same quality is up to you. Personally I would buy my wife better than I buy myself if I could not afford two good ones.

WeldNut

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just remember if you buy cheap you will probably buy it twice. Whether you buy your wife the same quality is up to you. Personally I would buy my wife better than I buy myself if I could not afford two good ones.

WeldNut
My wife is on the bike as a passenger, maybe 10% of the time, so it doesn't make sense to me to spend more on her unit than mine. My concern is whether paying nearly three times the cost of the cheaper J&M units is worth the difference in sound quality. E-bay has sets of J&M's (for two helmets) which include the connecting cord for $179 a pair.

I don't believe the difference in price is product longevity, I think it's more to do with wind noise, and sound quality. Things which are difficult to compare without actually trying the units out.

YV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts