Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new helmet to go with my new to me 2000 GL 1500 SE
I have an old HJC but needs replaced. Will keep it for riding back roads on my little dual sport.
I am looking at a Aria Defiant X
Will want to put in speakers
Anyone have one and do you like it. It costs around $ 700.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Dennis Kirk has the biggest selection of helmets that I have ever found online
very generous return policy, free returns for exchange of size because of fitment.
they include the return UPS label

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love my Arai helmet. I use the Signet because I need a long oval helmet. It is the only helmet I will get. 700 miles a day comfort. I pulled the side panels out and cut the hard foam to fit the speakers. If you don't, they press on your ears. I have done this on my last three Arai helmets without any problems. For me, the quality of an Arai helmet is worth the cost. You can also replace the cheek pads if the stock ones are to thick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my Arai helmet. I use the Signet because I need a long oval helmet. It is the only helmet I will get. 700 miles a day comfort. I pulled the side panels out and cut the hard foam to fit the speakers. If you don't, they press on your ears. I have done this on my last three Arai helmets without any problems. For me, the quality of an Arai helmet is worth the cost. You can also replace the cheek pads if the stock ones are to thick.

View attachment 275905

View attachment 275906
I need a new helmet to go with my new to me 2000 GL 1500 SE
I have an old HJC but needs replaced. Will keep it for riding back roads on my little dual sport.
I am looking at a Aria Defiant X
Will want to put in speakers
Anyone have one and do you like it. It costs around $ 700.
I had a $700 Shoei modular helmet. After researching I bought a HJC modular helmet, which I like a little better.
Id does everything that the $700 helmet did, and a little better. Snell ratings were similar. And the HJC cost $500 LESS ! And, I mounted speakers in it.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I started with a HJC - loved it. Moved to a Scorpion EXO AT950 and like it, but it was loud. Bought a Shoei Hornet X2 Navigate and loved it for comfort and quiet (definitely better than the HJC) - but it wasn't modular nor did it have a drop down visor. Just bought an AGV Sportmodular and so far, it is really nice, modular and light. My wife has a Shoei Neotec II and absolutely loves it. More expensive helmets tend to be quieter, offer a bit more (like Pinlock shields and anti-microbial wicking liners) and have better optics in the drop down visor. That said, you don't have to spend more to get that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts