Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of headsets. I know nothing about them, so let me know what is out there and works good. I'm new to the goldwing. I have a 2001 1800 wing and we have two open face Scropion exo200 helmets. Does the radio work thru the helmet speakers once we are plugged in? What is better, the plug in units or the cordless ones? Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have J&M plug-ins for myself and herself. Cordless might be nice too. There are lots of new tech sets available with bluetooth and all if you need to go that far. I'm pretty sold on J&M personally, No complaints at all.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
+1 for the J&M headsets. Many Wingers use and like them. There are other mfgrs out there so do some comparison and find the one that is right for you..

Yes, the radio and intercom works through the headsets. I have the corded unit on my bike. I've not had or used the wireless unit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the Cardo G4. It is nice to have bluetooth, answer my phone, listen to the GPS, listen to local am/fm, and commnication with my passenger and other riders (with the same headset) all in stereo. I've owned it for over a year now with no problems. I've been on 15 hour days with plenty of battery left (and my better half talks alot). Sound quality is great. You can go with a boom mike for open face or hidden mike for full face. I have both and they work great. To interchange from helmet to helmet, you just need to purchase a mount kit (baseplate, mike, speakers) for your other helmets and the unit mounts in seconds. I even use it for dirt biking with my family. Its nice when someone is out of eyesight and you can still talk to them. Even talking to your partner while they walk into a store etc. as long as they keep the helmet on.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
mckid, J&M have many solutions for any budget, from $68.00 all the way up to over $300.00 All will work with your audio system with the correct lower cord selected. I suggest lurking around some forums to see what best will suit your needs.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts