Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Would you share your comments and recommendations for headset brands and styles? We have one headset cord that has a broken pin at the helmet end resulting in sound only in the right ear. We also have not been able to overcome wind noise in our headsets that have a flat microphone adhered to the inside of our full faced helmets.

Hence, we are thinking about replacing both headsets and cords rather than simply replacing the broken cord.

Have some of you had good performance with a particular brand of headset? Would a boom microphone style better overcome wind noise? Do the headset cords that plug into the Wing come with the headsets when purchased?

Thanks to all. It's a treat to share with fellow GoldWing enthusiasts. :D

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I have the Scala system that I can talk to the wife and have blue tooth and talk on my cell phone. I works pretty well I just have to listen to the wife sing. Good luck ride safe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Headsets

I did research and recommend EdSets 3G! They have a module that fits on the side of the helmet, has a 90 degree fitting to connect the lower cables which should prevent cable from being strained and shorting, comes with the lower cable, has and audio jack for adding sound from another device, has boom mic and good speakers. They work really well and have a 3 year warranty. Contacts are gold plated, a top notch product!

My first headsets were the cheapest I could find. They worked okay but they connected via a dongle that hung out of the helmet. With all the movement of the cords they started shorting and could only hear stereo if I held my head a certain way. The connectors to the mic also shorted and had to hold the wires just right to get the mic to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts