Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: just wanted to say hi from Saskatchewan Canada

I am about to put 55w fog lights on my 85 Aspencade is this going to cause a problem with the stator as I have heard that they are not very reliable

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF siitman, i would go with 35w lights

·
Super Moderator
10,006 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Total up your accessories & see what kind of draw you have on the bike now would be my suggestion. Then take watts divided by voltage & that will be the amp draw. Welcome to the site & hope info helps. When in doubt ere on the side of caution as William said.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI and a warm welcome from Scotland sorry cant help with answer but i would take advice from the lads on sight they are a good bunch.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
It does sound thirsty for a 1200. Mine always got 55+ Cdn mpg when not pulling the Tinymite Hilton. Likely a carb issue due to the age, check your plugs for over-rich signs. Oh yeah, welcome from Ab.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Siitman welcome to GWOF from B.C. About the stator, the plug connections coming out of the stator should be soldered,its an electrical weak point that corrodes causing problems.
Radar if your weather is still nice in Ab I'm definitly living on the wrong side of the rockies LOL but my guess is you have a foot of snow and -10 C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.