Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just bought a 2007 GW off of a friend. Still have my 2007 VTX 1800 T, and my "project bike", a 1984 fj 1100 that I just finished restoring. Been riding bikes since I was 12 when I built a mini bike with parts from the Macleods catalogue complete with a 5hp Briggs and Stratton engine. Got the fever and have been riding ever since (51 years old). Farm boy from Sask/Alta and would love to get to know some riders in the area. Just moved to Edmonton from Valleyview and am free most weekends. Thanks and again Hello out there.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Welcome from warm and sunny East Texas. Yep,we've got some northern riders here too that ought to soon show up. Sounds like you have a nice bike collection.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello from me as well! Grat's on the new bike! :thumb:

I'm still a wannabe, searching searching!

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello king, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Hi King and X welcome to the GWOF!

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from down South. Way Down.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Welcome King and congrats on the new ride. As mentioned there are a few of us on here in your area (I'm in Fort Sask).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
using the Motorcycle. com app.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Welcome & congrats from Virginia! Pull up a chair & stay awhile!

Mark

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hey folks, just bought a 2007 GW off of a friend. Still have my 2007 VTX 1800 T, and my "project bike", a 1984 fj 1100 that I just finished restoring. Been riding bikes since I was 12 when I built a mini bike with parts from the Macleods catalogue complete with a 5hp Briggs and Stratton engine. Got the fever and have been riding ever since (51 years old). Farm boy from Sask/Alta and would love to get to know some riders in the area. Just moved to Edmonton from Valleyview and am free most weekends. Thanks and again Hello out there.
I know some people from Valleyview - Huffnagels (sp?), Dale and Marcie to be specific. Plus, my sister-in-law started her teaching career there. She's retired in Edmonton. I'll admit, I'm not in the area. After living overseas for 11 years or so I gave my wife (she's the Canuck in the relationship) the option of returning to Alberta or coming to California where I am from. She chose the latter. But I will ride with you this August if you like. We are making a little trip to W. Canada.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Small World. I do know Huffnagels, good people. Keep me in the loop when you are up this way maybe we could hook up. We plan on touring around BC this summer. Your wife choose sunny California over frozen Alberta......hmmmm! Lol
Actually, I would have been more surprised if you didn't know someone else up there unless you were fairly new to the area. Small towns and all. Yea, go figure; my wife would choose the California climate over 7 months of winter and 5 months of bad sledding:icon_wink:. I always remind her that I was the one who wanted to go back to Alberta. We are going to be in BC as well. The dates of our trip are Aug. 10, returning to Sac on the 23rd.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcoem King. Yes, small world indeed. I'm a short couple hours north of you.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Will do.There's usually a GWRRA gathering in one of the picnic areas early in the that I try to make. Kerry and a couple of the other locals and myself are trying to set up some meets for giggles too. Will let ya know what hits the radar.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.