Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member,first time posting.I own a 2012(the red one),not to impressed with it right now.My wife and i were loaded up to go on a vacation,we headed down the highway into a head wind went to set my cruise and it would not set, tried for about 50km.nothing.We turned around to go home, the cruise set every time(tail wind).Tried the next day same thing.I took it back to the dealer and of course they never heard of this happening.Left it at the dealers for a week and of course they could not duplecate the problem.I find the dealers in Sask. love to sell bikes but don't want to try to fix them. I'm so p.o.ed right now it might be up for sale next season.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you having a problem, can't help much with that i ride a 93 Aspencade. Can't say I've evr tried using the cruise in a head wind/side wind. I like to have control if the weather /winds are iffy

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Is there another dealer in your area you could check out?? Ride safe and enjoy. Don't give up on the Wing...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your cruise issue. I've never noticed that happening on my '06.

Kerry

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
welcome from Maryland , if this your only issue so far i wouldnt be to upset , probably a easy fix if you have the right repair shop/Dealer , so you have to ride without cruz control until you get it fixed

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new Wing.
You may want to bring the bike to a different dealership, one that may have a Goldwing tech on staff.
Hopefully the problem can be resolved and the bike will be fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first experience with a wing is a problem. There are a number of things that could cause your problem but lack of power against a head wind is not one of them. Only a suggestion but the next time you ride against a head wind try pushing forward on the clutch lever to see if your cruise ingages. It doesn't take much pressure to set off that switch if it isn't adjusted properly. Found that one the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello timtim, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. As others said, don't give up on your Wing, they are a great bike.

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Hi & welcome from VA. It could be a simple adjustment, like taking up the slack in the cruise cable. Too bad the dealer is a numbnut!

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm a dealer so I'll check for bulletins on the '12s and see if there's anything on the cruise system (don't recall any though).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.