Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Don or Lex - welcome to the forum. Tell us about your GL. How long have you owned it? What are the kilometers? I ride an '83 GL1100 Interstate with 108,000 km and an '89 GL1500 with '77,000 km which I just purchased 4 weeks ago. I live in Western Canada; I've rented a Vulcan in Frankfurt Germany and ridden around in the countryside there. Wonderful riding! The shop owner ripped the tags off a brand new helmet and gloves and lent them to me as well. What a great dealership - we'd never do that here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey lex, so..., you are from holland, eh? let me ask you: where are the netherlands? who are the dutch anyway?

that's a joke from the tv show "seinfield". you would be suprised how many people don't know the answer! welcome aboard!
i just bought an '08 gl1800. i've waited a long time for a nice bike. i've ridden many bikes since 1966 and have always looked at dressed heavy weights with a longing glance. love the new look and power/handling. R

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I own the GL1000 since 1986. I don't know the mileage because the speedometer is changed some years ago bu I think about 60000 kilometers.
When I bought that bike back then (payed 1500 Dutch Guilders/1033 Canadian Dollar/1000 US Dollar for it) it looked like it was fished out of the ocean. The whole bike was rusty, painted gold (with a brush) and you know those hoses which are used for showers, they where shoved over the cables.
Had to strip the entire bike and had it repainted and all.
I didn't ride the bike for a few tears untill this year. I bought me an overhaul kit from Randakk and it is running very smooth I must say. I believe I posted a picture in the gallery.

btw a buddy of mine emigrated to Vancouver Island last year. He lives in Nanaimo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lo folks. I'm Lex all the way from Holland and I own a '75 GL1000.
Howdy Lex I have a 1979 GL1000 that needs a lot of love and care. I have started it a few times but never road it. I ride a 1984 GL1200A. I am in Louisiana, USA. Glad to see more folks joining the forum. Welcome aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts