Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, im really glad to be a part of this forum. i hope to meet good people on here. i have been riding for many years and i just graduated into a 1994 gl1500i with only 29,000 miles on it. my last bike was a 2005 vstar 1100 which was a nice bike but beat me up on long trips. i know people will say i went backwards on trading for a 94 but i really dont think so. my goldwing is 3x the bike that the vstar was. i have a few questions about my bike but before i bother u good folks with them i will look over the forums but if anyone has any tips or things i should look out for or need to know please tell me. thanks everyone and if someone needs someone to ride with give me a bump

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello firecop, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing. when it comes to long distance travel its hard to beat a wing

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome from Maryland

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone.

Loads of Irish fans in these parts although I'm not really a fan of sports that only need 1 ball.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. I can't help you with a 1500 but know you will get answers form those who have them. I'm a wildland firefighter and used to have fire investigation in my job description so your handle intrigues me.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome South Bend to the forum from Pennsylvania. Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. And no you did not go backwards.... you just took a few steps back to get a better start....

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Firecop! Man, you're definitely a guy I'd want along on a group ride! Cop, firefighter, and EMT. Impressive.

You'll find plenty of folks around here knowledgeable about mid-90s GL1500s. Not me (mine are older) but they are here and helpful.

By the way, both of my parents were born in South Bend, IN, and my favorite cousin still lives there. Visited many, many times as a boy and have really great memories of your town. Nice folks when I was there.

While we're about 600-650 miles apart, and I'd rather ride through Hell itself than Chicago these days:eek: (Hey, I grew up in south Chicago; it wasn't like it is now) perhaps we can meet at a Central Region meet & greet in north central Illinois. I'm thinking about calling the question in the Central Region forum for a gathering in April-June '13. Lots of places would work for a fair number of us. I'll suggest Starved Rock Park and some Illinois River rides for starters.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome to the site. Other than the alternators, the 1500's are about the most bullet proof Wings ever, enjoy!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, Firecop. I used to recruit for the Air Force near your area... Merrillville, Valpo, Knox County.... Oh, and, I am a firefighter...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOf. I'd say you have at least 200,000 more miles left in your wing. This is my 93 with 185.000 + miles on it. Bought it new in 93.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.