Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings: Just bought my first Wing, a 2012. Has anyone experienced a rattle that appears to be coming from the trunk somewhere? I hear it whenever I seem to go over any bump no matter what the speed, regardless if I'm carrying a passenger or not.
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
My ride is a 93 so I can't help much on the 2012. Have you checked to see if the license plate is tight. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello map, welcome to GWOF. check for any loose items in the trunk or saddle bags too

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , i know my 2010 has a little hidden capartment under the mat in the trunk , looke on your 2012 maybe you have same area and see if something is in there

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the froum.
Congrats on the new Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Clean everything out of all trunk (and compartment) and side bags and take it for a ride. Unless there is something that is not tightened down (screws/latches) you should not hear anything.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Can't help with the rattle but can give you a welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Eric

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa.+1 on what Two Wheel said.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State. The boys seem to have giving you some good tips.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Lower compartment in the '12 holds the Navi equipment now, but check there anyway, maybe the tech that did your PDI left a wrench or something in there. A member a while back found a lose saddlebag cable too so. Other than that, check the two cubbys on the front of the trunk, might be something in there too. Welcome to the site and post a pic of that new baby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.