Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice place. Been lurking. Thought I'd join.

Been riding for some time, have owned an assortment of bikes. Picked up a lightly used 83 naked and spending some time learning about it here and other places.

As I'm pretty busy and have two bike projects presently underway, I dropped the wing off at a small inde wing mech for a "once-over" and I should pick it up next weekend. Pretty excited and in the mean time, reading up.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a new 2 U Wing.
Post some pics here, we like them.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Howdy and congrats on the new to you Wing. What color is your bike? Yes we love pics. If you need help posting them don't be shy and ask for help. Folks here are friendlier than all get out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi and welcome +1 on the photos. If you need any info just ask.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy the site.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Looks like you have a nice classic Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the 3rd Keystoner in a row.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello newinger, welcome to GWOF. how far are you from detroit

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post some pix after I get it home.

RE color, it's OEM brown. All stock except for a windshield, circular chrome discs around the front rotors and chrome trim on the outside of the radiator cover. There were some other add-on chrome bits I took off, and I'll be losing the rotor chrome too.

I'm pumped,so chatty this a.m. - I'm sure you guys know how it is with something new to you - LOL!

Short story is I've been watching for one of these for about 2 years, as I wanted a reliable, trip-capable second bike that my wife might enjoy riding on. Plus I like the classic look of these vintage wings and admire the engineering / build quality that went into them.

Found this one on CL. Older fellow owned it but couldn't ride any more. Sold it to a neighbor last year. Neighbor has too many other toys, passions and a newer touring bike, so rode it only a few times last year and this year decided to sell.

After looking at a number of wings in the budget range I set - and seeing a lot of neglect and work, I found this clean survivor with all of 11K miles on it. Unused tool kit and owners manual to boot. After a little cranking, it fired right up. Price was right and I bought it on the spot.

Fast forward and the inde does a thorough check: brakes, belts, fluids, radiator, tires - finds coolant in the oil and suspects a head gasket. Aside from that it's like new, rides and runs well. Head gasket should be buttoned up this week and I should be riding next weekend. Best thing is I'm still well within budget...this time. LOL!

So much for blabbing on, but I'm a pretty happy camper. Also eager to do some rides when I can, meet up with fellow wingers, etc. Fun stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Howdy & Welcome to the forum from Virginia!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Hey there, sorry to be a bit tardy on the howdy, but welcome aboard!:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
A bit tardy myself, haven't been on the last couple of days. Welcome aboard. Don't forget to look for a local GWRRA for companionship and friendship and some great fellow to ride with. Anyway, welcome from Texas from a native born Michigander who was smart enough to get out of the cold.lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.