Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have returned after many trials, toils and job chainges. But I am still here. As the saying goes, ( had I known I would last this long Ida took better care of myself).Well hard times have prevented me from replacing my old truck, so for almost a year now I get back and forth to work on my bike. Im not complaining. most days I enjoy it. Been ridin all my life. But I been thinkin about buyin an old wing to commute on. the luggage would be a great help as well an the wind protection. It seems you can get an older wing for not much, if you look hard enough. And I do love all wings old and new. This summer my wife and I came upon a fella with a yellow 1000 gl it was so sexy so do you guys have any advice on what to watch out for. so 1000s 1100s 1200s ? anyone? anyone?

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome back. Lots of folks on here with early model year Wings. I'm sure they will be offering their advice shortly.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Toy, lot's of Wings out there. You need to find the one that calls to you "Ride Me"

Issues, most guys will say buy the newest you can afford & I would agree. 1000's are sweat, 1100's work great, 1200's were better (except weak Stators) 1500's were plush workhorses, & 1800's are hot sporty guys.

Here's some good reading. Enjoy & good luck.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
toywg i always tell guys to buy the best wing that they can afford. other things to consider, do you carry a passenger? 1100 and 1200 wings have more room for you and your passenger

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Well Toy. You've met the three wise men. I can add nothing because everything I know I learned from them.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
what is you location? biggator is selling a '77 wing but he's near lansing, mi

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome back to the fold Toy. Lots of folk enjoy the 1000/1100 Wings, and there's often some around in pretty fair nick. Search the usual haunts like Craigs list etc and see what's available in the older ones nearest you, but 1000's might not have much in the form of fairings and luggage anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.