Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello im 17 and i just got my first motorcycle which is a 1982 goldwing a few days ago im not old enough to ride yet but that's all right it needs work any way. :)
it leaks oil and smokes it looks like its leaking out around a gasket and smokes comes from that area i was thinking a new gasket and piston ring what do some of you guys think??? sorry for miss spelling and bad grammer:p o and one more thing it onley leaks when the engine is running

·
Registered
405 Posts
You may want to look into a product called "Seafoam" for cleaning out the gunk in the engine. You didn't say what gasket it is. Some of them can be pushed back into place depending on what gasket it is. Being its a little on the old side its probably gave way. Othere than that I am afraid I won't be of much help. Some on this board may be though. I believe that most on this board have the 1800 but I could be wrong. I know there are a lot of guys that love the vintage wings and love working on them on the Steve Sanders board. The website for it is: www.goldwingfacts.com. Until someone here can be of more help, you might want to take a look over there.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome to the goldwing and bike world. Drive safely and enjoy your journey. I was around your age when I got my first bike, a 500 triumph with high rise handle bars and lots of chrome. Back in the late 60's the Japanese bikes were just making it into Canada and we used to make fun of them because they did not sound like a "real" bike. I soon learned that they were a lot more dependable than my British bike. I and my mechanic father father would work on it for 2 hours so I could go for a half hour ride. I was very lucky to have my dad help me but I get the sense that you are familar with motors and that should serve you well over the years. Good luck with your new bike. No tips on how to fix it because I still need people like my Dad to help me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts