Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my intro:
Not a big fan of forums but found this one interesting.
I bought my 2009 Goldwing brand new in 4/09 and never regret buying it. My doctor actually ordered me to stay off of motorcycles due to my "disability". I had 6 motorcycles up until late last year and slowly sold them off due to the pain they were causing me (sportbikes). It was painful to sell them and watch the new owners ride away on them:(

I have found the GW to be a great motorcycle - the best in every aspect - I have owned and ridden a ton of street bikes in the past 29 years. My wife hates riding but after I bought the Wing - I never have to beg her to go on a leisure ride with me...needless to say she loves going for rides now - that only took 20 yrs to finally convince her that riding is great fun;)

My short biography -
Retired from the USAF after 24 years back in 2008
- Pararescue 4 yrs, KC135/KC10 Boomer 7yrs, AC130 Gunner 11 yrs and 2 yrs with US Secret Service - Presidential Security (Clinton days)

The VA says I'm 100% disabled but I can still function..as long as I can ride motorcycles I am happy :D
MSF instructor
California POST certified (police motors)
Unemployed - I say this because I primarily keep myself busy by managing 2 MSF training sites - I don't consider this a job. Its way too much fun to call it a "job"

DooKoo is my friend and he's alot of fun to hang with. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello dk's friend, welcome to GWOF. like you i can't ride sport bikes anymore but i wanted a wing so i'm not complaining. the other bikes i own are all ujm's and seat you like the wing does and are still fun to ride

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site, a friend of Dookoo's is a friend of ours! Are you an active MSF instructor or does your 'condition' pe-empt you from doing it? We can always use input from an instructor's point of view; there's been questions in that regard. I've just recently stepped back into the sport bike arena, and it would really cause me heartburn to have to subsist on 'just' the Wing:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to forum friend of Dookoo. You boys be careful out there...

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa.Good people and info here.Be safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , glad you still get to ride your wing

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Pleasure to meet you. Come aboard. My wife finally started riding with me since we got the Goldwing in November 2009. I must ask you this : Have you turned to the Darkside ?:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts