Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I ride a 2010 1800, which I bought in Nov after selling my 1997 1500 on which I stacked up 156,00 miles. I am now retired in the Atlanta area and my wife and I enjoy being able to ride even more. Unfortunately, most of our riding buddies, with whom we rode for 15 years are no longer riding due to age/health. We do not care for organized clubs, especially those with meetings, but we would like to meet over-50 folks who like to ride more than every once in a while. We are into family (especially grandkids!), friends, and riding fun. Anyone out there?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Welcome George from Native Georgian living in Central Washington, You will enjoy this forum and will find what you seek I'm sure. Wonderful group of people.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
George, welcome to the GWOF. I live a couple hours from you in Fort Payne. Unfortunately I am still a few years from the over-50 club. Good Luck

·
Registered
743 Posts
Welcome from Alabama! We have a nice place called Highway 25 Courtyard Grill ( formaly 29 dreams) A really nice place to visit if you want to ride about 2 hours from Atlanta here. If you are thinking of riding this way we also have Barber Motorsports Complex ( Home to Indy racing) and the largest motorcycle musem in the WORLD! ( At least it looks that way!) Hope we can help in any way to better you're riding experiance with you're Wing!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, well-seasoned rider! I'm sure you'll find some good folks in your neck of the woods to ride with, either via GWOF or GWRRA.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome from Maryland

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome from Pa. I'm sure you'll find someone out there to ride with.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello george, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome from Montgomery, AL. Thinking about riding out your way! Read that Hwy 39 out of Columbus is listed a motorcycle route. I am not quite 50 yet, but I have 3 grandchildren... and two more on the way. I should qualify as 50ish:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome George. I'd love to ride more than once in a while too, but there's this six month hiatus I get forced into every year. We call it winter:(
Yeah, I hate meetings too. Meet-ups, that's a whole different thing, those are great!:D

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welocome to GWOF from Down Under. Can't help with the riding buddy. Would love to read your ride repot. Eric

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. I fit the bill except for the Grandchildren part. If you come over this way let me know and I'll tag along.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the Welcome!

Nice to communicate with Goldwing folks; my ridding buddies all ride Harleys, but hey, what the heck; we're riding

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Riding Log

Eric, never kept a log. Longest ride was just over 5,000 miles. Up east coast through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail, Prince Ed Is., north to St. Lawrence Seaway, west along seaway through Quebec & Montreal, to Niagra Falls, and south to GA. Went to Key West several years after Christmas and still ride down into FL in the colder months, did lots of 10 days such as circling Lake Superior, riding the Gulf Coast and through the LA bayou (Hwy. 90), SE coast from Savannah to Chesapeak, VA, Toronto via west of Lake Huron. Did serveral rides out west only we shipped the bike and flew (time thing) to starting points such as Seattle, Phoenix, & Denver. VA & WVA we've done often and have ridden the length of the BRP a couple of times. We live only 2.5 hours from Eastern TN & Western NC and it's hard to find a road we haven't ridden and can do the Cherohala Skyway on a day ride, which we do often. Asheville, NC, or Jekyll Island, GA, are our go to rides when we have a couple of days or so. Always have a ride on the back burner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts