Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of Buying a 1992 Goldwing SE Canadian Edition and I was wondering if anyone know's how many they made?...
I looking at it at a Dealership and the bike had a good service records and what My wife and i are wondering is it has 174000 KM's on the clock so can you tell me how many miles can I get before I'm going to have to rebuild the motor?...
any more info you can help me with would be helpful
I'm trading in my 2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 with 12500 km's on the bike there giving me $4500 for the trading in Value and the cash I will have to pay extra out of pocket will be around $3500 out the door taxes in
I made an offer today of $2500 out the door and said if you want to sell the bike you know my number as I been looking at the bike in there dealership for over a year that it's been on the floor

Thanks
Rob

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. I can't comment on Canadian pricing, but I do know that Goldwing engines last a long time with routine maint, so mileage should not be a problem. Seems like the bike has been for sale for a while and that would concern me. Is he asking too much, not willing to deal? So I think you are taking the right approach with the dealer. If he wants to sell he knows your number and if not I'm sure you can find another Wing, perhaps from a private seller that fits more into your budget. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Hi there vancouverguy, and as mentioned above you are getting a decent value for your Bergman, and sounds like they are asking 'average' price for the SE according to my dealer BLue Book. If you can access the maintenance records, I'd be concerned about the timing belts, but other than that she should be good to go. Full pop on that bike would be $9200 or better depending on overall (clean) condition and additions, so I'd say if you can get it out the door for $3000 gst included you are doing real well. If not, keep looking and good luck. BTW, in the market conditions today, many dealerships (at least here in Alberta) won't even take trade-ins. Something to consider if trading your scooter is a must.

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
The headsets can almost always be fit to the helmet with a little work with an x-acto knife. If the ear pockets are too small for the speakers, pull back the liner cover and little by little carve the recess in the foam material to fit. It shouldn't take much (1/4" or so) and your helmet should fit like it did without the speakers. Had to do that on my Arai. Good luck negotiating.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome to the forum vancouverguy. My 91 has 160k kms on 'er and I think it's finally broken in. Routine maintenance is the key. How's your better half like the ride? My wife's nic is Velcro cause everytime I look around, she's on the back. She loves it as much as I do.
Ride safe,
Strat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.