Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of Buying a 1992 Goldwing SE Canadian Edition and I was wondering if anyone know's how many they made?...
I looking at it at a Dealership and the bike had a good service records and what My wife and i are wondering is it has 174000 KM's on the clock so can you tell me how many miles can I get before I'm going to have to rebuild the motor?...
any more info you can help me with would be helpful
I'm trading in my 2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 with 12500 km's on the bike there giving me $4500 for the trading in Value and the cash I will have to pay extra out of pocket will be around $3500 out the door taxes in
I made an offer today of $2500 out the door and said if you want to sell the bike you know my number as I been looking at the bike in there dealership for over a year that it's been on the floor

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have a 94 SE CDN Edition, as far as I can tell about the only difference I se is the seat top is cloth instread of Vinyl and there is a badge on the dash. I had mine apart to the frame and didn't see anything that stood out as different from a Std. Wing. I have 160,000kms on mine and it runs like new with no oil use at all and there is one for sale here with 360,000kms on it without a rebuilt and another one that gets used all year long, and it looks it too, with 500,000 kms on it and he swears he changed 1 set of timming belts and nothing else. I wouldn't concern myself with the milage too much as these bikes are GENERALLY driven easy and well taken care of. The price sounds about right and you are doing decent on your trade, around here people are getting nothing for newer bikes on trade. Good luck with the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. I can't comment on Canadian pricing, but I do know that Goldwing engines last a long time with routine maint, so mileage should not be a problem. Seems like the bike has been for sale for a while and that would concern me. Is he asking too much, not willing to deal? So I think you are taking the right approach with the dealer. If he wants to sell he knows your number and if not I'm sure you can find another Wing, perhaps from a private seller that fits more into your budget. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hi there vancouverguy, and as mentioned above you are getting a decent value for your Bergman, and sounds like they are asking 'average' price for the SE according to my dealer BLue Book. If you can access the maintenance records, I'd be concerned about the timing belts, but other than that she should be good to go. Full pop on that bike would be $9200 or better depending on overall (clean) condition and additions, so I'd say if you can get it out the door for $3000 gst included you are doing real well. If not, keep looking and good luck. BTW, in the market conditions today, many dealerships (at least here in Alberta) won't even take trade-ins. Something to consider if trading your scooter is a must.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

Well thanks for all the info and I taking the plunge tomorrow..
I'm Trading my 2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 and I made an offer of 2500 cash and the sales man came back and said the owner wants me to pay 3162 and I hoping tomorrow morning once i get there to settle on spliting the differance because I still need to by the intercoms and hope that the 2 helmets I have can be used with the intercoms because I already have way to many Helmets kicking around in the condo without adding to more helmets....
Will post photo's of the New bike as soon as I get a chance..

Thanks for a great site and all the valued info and help with the ones that wrote and help with info
Rob and Family....
Vancouver, BC

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The headsets can almost always be fit to the helmet with a little work with an x-acto knife. If the ear pockets are too small for the speakers, pull back the liner cover and little by little carve the recess in the foam material to fit. It shouldn't take much (1/4" or so) and your helmet should fit like it did without the speakers. Had to do that on my Arai. Good luck negotiating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finalised Deal for 1992 GW 1500 Canadian Edition

Well Looks like I have bought the New to me 1992 Goldwing Canadian Edition 1500.

Will post photo's once I pick up tomorrow and get some photo's of the bike.

Thanks for a Great site

Rob

Here's the Dealers email telling me I have the Bike and it's a Go ahead for sale......

Hello Rob.

I am keeping this between us about eating the $162.....I will take my lumps later.
For that we have deal!

Now I do have to do the safety inspection ad lien/dec check on your 650 before everything is finalized.
Of course if anything comes up with the trade, then the cost to repair will have to be deducted as we chatted about before.
Fair?

Also, I will change the oil. That is a given. Have you ordered up the broken fuel door piece yet? I am going to hold you to that!
As for the shield, we always replace Goldwing shields with a Slipstreamer. This has the same vent as well! The issue is the screen is backordered until ???? It will be available, but not right now. Usually a few weeks away. Good screen polish can help you out in the mean time though. Works rather well.

I can get you the shield at my price which is $126.00 plus the taxes.
Will you install it? Or will my techs??
If I have to install for you, the price is $45 plus taxes.....

When can we arrange for you to drop off your 650 for my service department?
I can let you take the Wing out again for the second test so you can try the cruise when you bring the 650 in for inspection.
Shouldn't take too long of course, but I do have to book the wing in for the oil dump....

Let me know that we have a "Gentleman/Gentlewoman's agreement" and I will start things on my end.
With any luck, I can have the oil done very soon.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome to the forum vancouverguy. My 91 has 160k kms on 'er and I think it's finally broken in. Routine maintenance is the key. How's your better half like the ride? My wife's nic is Velcro cause everytime I look around, she's on the back. She loves it as much as I do.
Ride safe,
Strat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts