Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I just aquired a 1978 Gold Wing 1000 today, it is in decent shape seat is shot and it is missing the one of the side plastics but everything else is there and in good shape. The engine runs however it is EXTREMELY cold blooded and seems to bog unless the throttle is feathered. I am guessing the carbs are gonna need some attention. I am looking forward to getting it all cleaned up and in good running condition. :D

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland ,congrata on your new wing

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Greetings & welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. There are several of your fellow statesman on the site. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello max from wa, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
G'day from Down Under and welcome to GWOF. Eric

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We are just 10 minutes from the B.C. border.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....Washington State - Not a good place for Cold natured things.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Maxx. Yeah I'd agree with the carbs idea. Like Dennis Gage says "Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!" I know he means cars, but it works for bikes too.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Getting a little personal aren't we, my Fine Southern Friend. :D
Sorry guys..IT is what it is. Could be worse....Could be in land of Budoka where they use the 1 dog 2 dog method of Meteorology.:D

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ron,

We should just quit trying to appease the jealous types. We know this is the prettiest state of the union.

That is so true! Everywhere you look it's like a postcard! I am going to head out and shoot a quick video of my bike doing it's thing (excuse my messy garage in advance) and see if you guys agree it needs to be sync'd. I rebuilt countless carbs, built engines ect but have never messed with motorcycle carbs. From what I have read it doesn't seem to scary. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Ron,

We should just quit trying to appease the jealous types. We know this is the prettiest state of the union.
I agree....and I am Jealous. My top 5 are Washington, South Dakota, Arizona, California and Alaska. No certain order... I guess there is a trade-off for everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

What part of Washington are you from?

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I agree....and I am Jealous. My top 5 are Washington, South Dakota, Arizona, California and Alaska. No certain order... I guess there is a trade-off for everywhere.
The offer is still open. Come hang out with us few days and i'll up grade you from the .50 cent tour to the $2.50 tour to include a ride to Toby's in Coupeville for a Salmon and chips lunch and a visit to old Fort Casey.
Ya'll come now, Ya hear now:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts