Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am new to the forum but a longtime winger, soon to retire :eek: and may have a little time for this puter between rides.
Greg

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
If you're on the puter you're not on the scooter. Might as well extend my welcomes now because come March, April, May, June, ..... What career are you retiring from ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're on the puter you're not on the scooter. Might as well extend my welcomes now because come March, April, May, June, ..... What career are you retiring from ?
Thanks guys !!
I will be leaving state Government after 34years service, last 30 with Transportation.
Have to admit Im looking forward to it, but am still getting those butterflies.
I am ready to ride to west coast for a couple months and see the Beauty. It takes to long to get there from here so it doesnt mix with working.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Thanks guys !!
I will be leaving state Government after 34years service, last 30 with Transportation.
Have to admit Im looking forward to it, but am still getting those butterflies.
I am ready to ride to west coast for a couple months and see the Beauty. It takes to long to get there from here so it doesnt mix with working.
Me Pops retired FAA back in '96. Combined with his navy years I suspect he was around 34 years also. Great retirement income and Health Benefits for them. They settled in Phoenix.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello greg, welcome to GWOF. tell us about your wing

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your retirement.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Greetings Greg the GWOF is great place. You hail from a nice city as well. The little lady & I enjoyed our time there 2 years ago on a cross country trip.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greetings Greg the GWOF is great place. You hail from a nice city as well. The little lady & I enjoyed our time there 2 years ago on a cross country trip.
Greetings as well, I have to say the wifey and I did a route through Canada and back down the east coast couple years ago and enjoyed the sights there as well.

I am actually across the river from St. Louis but it makes a good reference point. GO CARDINALS!!

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Here's a couple pics from our visit to St. Louis. June 2010 & right around 100* when we were there.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, summers can get very hot. I see you made it up in the arch and what a beautifull view you can get from there. When I travel I get my gold book out and talk with fellow riders before I get there and find good places to see.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Me Pops retired FAA back in '96. Combined with his navy years I suspect he was around 34 years also. Great retirement income and Health Benefits for them. They settled in Phoenix.
I retired from the FAA in about 98. PM me with his name so I can see if I knew him. I was a Radar WatchStander at LCH and AUS. Maybe we crossed paths in OKC.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your retirement and your Wing.

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Retirement: Now let me get my Collins Dictionary out and have a look. Dam I must have ripped that page out in discuss. Happy retirement and welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Eric

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Welcome Wingmaster12.

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts